The following tips can help ensure a successful response to transmission pipeline incidents:
- Make sure your dispatcher informs LG&E and KU or the transmission pipeline operator of the event and requests appropriate assistance.
- Upon arrival, assess the scene and confirm the pipeline location and fuel.
- Work together with other responders to stay out of harm’s way and secure the area.
- Rescue and protect the public through a combination of evacuation and sheltering in place.
- Integrate the pipeline operator’s emergency management personnel into the command structure, and work together to control the situation and mitigate damage.
For a comprehensive list of pipeline incident response tips, please see the Natural Gas Incident Response Summary located within the Resources section.